Embryo Transfer (ET) is a reproductive technology and a popular tool to better utilize the genetic impact of a specific female. Dandy Acres Enterprises practices conventional ET by using hormone treatments to induce ovulation of multiple follicles. One week after artificial insemination (AI), embryos are flushed from the donor’s uterus and can be transferred fresh into a recipient female or frozen for later use.
ET Planning and Factors that affect success rates:
- Donor Embryo Flushing
- Embryo Freezing
- Fresh or Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Donor Housing - Females housed at Dandy Acres facility will be managed to best utilize their donor potential.
- Recip Options available
- ET services are available on-farm or on-site through the Dandy Acres facility.
For Donor Females:
For Recipient Females:
- Be certain Donor is not pregnant before beginning FSH treatments.
- Good nutrition with a quality mineral program is vital.
- Ideally, allow Donor to come into a natural heat after calving.
- And remember that embryo collection varies per donor and is affected by environment, nutrition and genetics.
- Good nutrition with a quality mineral program.
- Little to no change of environment for 3-4 weeks after implantation.
- Use youthful recipient females.
Contact us for any questions or to schedule your next ET service!